Overnight on March 13th, rSmart will deploy the latest OneCampus release. No downtime is anticipated with this release.
The release contains bug fixes as well as the following key enhancements:
- New Task Activity Report & Other Reporting Enhancements
- Ability to Browse Task Centers
- Image for Task Centers
- Task Level Announcement Workflow Improvements
- Google Analytics Enhancements
- Addition of Announcement API’s
- Meta Description Changes
- Improvement when Reordering Favorites on Mobile
- Publishing Menu now Collapsible
New Task Activity Report & Other Reporting Enhancements
By popular request, we have added another built-in report to OneCampus. This report will provide better visibility into activities surrounding tasks i.e., number of days since the task was last launched, number of total launches, number of TDP views, number of related tasks if applicable, average rating, and number of ratings if applicable, etc. This report will also show historical data for your instance and will allow you to search by task title, filter by specific date range, publisher, category, market, and/or role. It is also fully exportable and contains sortable columns. Please see the new Quick Guide in the Customer Care Center for more details.
We have also added search “hits” to the Search Miss report and changed the name of the report to Search Terms. This report will now sort by hits as a default.
Finally, we updated the Audit Trail Log and the Search Terms reports to have the same expanded reporting functionality (additional filters, ability to sort on screen) and moved all three reports to a new Reporting “tab”. The View Audit Trail Log will continue to be viewable by Administrators and Publishers and the Search Terms and new Task Activity by Administrators only.
Ability to Browse Task Centers
Task Centers can now (optionally) be added to Categories. You will find a new field on the Task Center page underneath the Roles dropdown that will allow you to assign the Task Center to one or more existing Categories. Once configured, end users will be able to browse for Task Centers alongside Tasks by clicking “Browse Categories” underneath the search dropdown. Please note that this new field, similar to the Task Center Title and Description, can only be changed by Administrators.
Image for Task Centers
You can now (optionally) assign a specific image to your Task Centers versus the current icon grid display. In an effort to provide a visual difference between Tasks and Task Centers that only have a singular icon, we have also added a small black grid to the right of the icon on Task Centers.
Task Level Announcement Workflow Improvements
In an effort to provide additional flexibility around Task Level Announcement management we have:
- Added a new ACL under Advanced Settings > Maintain Settings > Permissions > TASK-ANNOUNCEMENTS-ACL to allow Administrators to grant access to users who may need to add, edit, or remove Task Level Announcements but are not Administrators or Publishers. Please note that anyone added to this ACL will have access to ALL Task Level Announcements and not just the ones they create.
- When creating a new Task Level Announcement, Administrators will find an enhanced workflow for adding Announcements to Tasks. Instead of needing to know the Task’s publisher, you will now be able to merely search by Task name. Once an initial Task is selected (added to the right “Selected Tasks” box for the Announcement), both the Task and Task Center lists will filter down to only Tasks assigned to that SAME publisher as Announcements are publisher specific (in other words, you can’t create a single Announcement for Tasks assigned to different Publishers).
Google Analytics Enhancements
We are now sending additional data from OneCampus to Google Analytics. The key items include:
- Where the task was launched from (e.g., main store page vs. TDP or TCP) as well as from which Dynamic Category (e.g., Featured section vs. Most Popular), if applicable
- Global Announcement opens – when users open and close the Global Announcement area (so when they click the bell) both on the main store page as well as on the TDP
- Targeted Notifications opens and clicks – when users click on the envelope as well as clicks on URLs contained in the notifications themselves
- Breadcrumb clicks
Addition of Announcement API’s
Rounding out our suite of APIs, we have added an Announcement API for those interested in leveraging APIs for Task Level and/or Global Announcements. See Advanced Settings > API Documentation Links for full details on how to consume this latest API.
Meta Description Changes
By popular request, publishers can now add/edit meta descriptions to Tasks they “own”. (Previously this field was viewable by Administrators only.) We also moved the Meta Description field directly under the Description field on the task creation screen to help draw special attention to this change for publishers.
Improvement when Reordering Favorites on Mobile
We have improved the drag and drop functionality when editing favorites on mobile devices. Users will now find white up and down arrows overlaid on the task’s icon (when in edit mode for Favorites) to emphasize where on the tile to hold and drag when reordering their favorites.
Publishing Menu now Collapsible
Administrators and Publishers will now find that you can (optionally) collapse the Publishing menu (e.g., menu tabs) both on desktop and mobile to free up screen real estate for the task at hand.