We’re changing the way education thinks about technology.
Driven by a devotion to enhancing the student experience and ensuring student’s success as they learn and prepare for their careers, rSmart is helping colleges, universities and K12 districts make navigating school services easier and faster than ever before.
Below we have highlighted just how easy and intuitive OneCampus is to use with screenshots from our rSmart University demo site. Keep in mind the tasks, announcements and URLs are just for examples and OneCampus is completely customizable to your institution.
Powerful, Intuitive Google-Like Search
One of the first things you will notice about OneCampus is the search box prominently located at the top of the page. Let’s say a student is looking to find a tutor. They simply start typing, using keywords to describe what they want to do, and OneCampus’ intelligent algorithm tees up filtered, icon based search results.
Unlike traditional portals, OneCampus doesn’t require you to sign in until authentication is required. However, there are some additional features highlighted below that are available when a user is logged in.
To launch, click on the tile or the “i” to access the additional information about the task. In this example, the Task Details page for “Tutoring Services” provides a description, contact information for the person or department responsible for that service or application, screenshots, videos, and the ability to view and submit ratings and reviews.
Discover Top Rated, Most Popular, and Category of the Day
In addition to the search, OneCampus dynamically serves up the highest rated and most popular tasks along with the category of the day. This helps students discover new services and really comes in handy during certain times of the year such as drop/add or class registration.
Browse by Category or Filter by Role/Campus
Students can browse by category and filter by role or campus if you have more than one location or school. The categories, roles, and campuses are completely customizable for your institution.
Personalize the Experience with My Favorites and User Preferences
While you are not required to login to use OneCampus, there are some additional features available to users when they sign in including favorites and user preferences. Near the sign in button, there is also an option for students to submit feedback to administrators.
Note: The Publishing option will only show for Administrators and Publishers at that institution.
Communicate Time-Sensitive Information, Events or Deadlines
OneCampus provides you the ability to convey important, time sensitive information to a large audience in a variety of ways:
1. Featured tasks are the banners you see rotating just below the search box. They are commonly used to highlight things like new services on campus or special events.
2. Task-level announcements are linked to a specific task or task center and used to alert users to items such as a service outage, upgrade or deadline and are noted by a badge icon in the top right corner of the task tile.
3. Alerts provide administrators a quick and easy way to share urgent messages with all institutional users as a banner, popup (blocker), or a combination of the two.
Example of banner alert:
Example of popup (blocker) alert:
Simple Interface Makes it Easy to Build and Update
In the publishing area, you will find all of the tools needed to set-up, maintain, and customize the look and feel of your OneCampus site including:
- Task Settings – where you can add or edit all Task-related features
- Filter Settings – where you can create or edit your tags, categories, and roles
- Data Settings – where you can view and respond to comments and view feedback
- Brand Settings – where you can customize the look and feel of the site and create custom headers and footers to match your institution’s branding
- Advanced Settings – where you can maintain publishers, set alerts, and find additional settings
Backed by an Active User Community, Support Team and Advisory Board
OneCampus was designed to meet the unique needs of higher education and we work closely with our customers to identify and drive future development efforts and best practices. You can find a variety of best practices under Resources and Blog. Customers are also provided two hours of administrator training, access to our Customer Care Center full of quick guides and FAQs, and a link to our Trello Board where we track feature enhancement ideas and development priorities.